Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 45 Mins Cook Time: 6 Hr Total Time: 6 Hr 45 Mins
- Heat a heavy Dutch oven or braising pot (I use a cast-iron pot) over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Return the short ribs to the pot setting them on top of the vegetables. Add the wine, the beef broth, and the bay leaf to the pot and simmer on low for 2 hours.
- Turn the pot off and let it cool on the stove until you can comfortably touch the sides of the pot. Place the pot into the refrigerator for up to 5 or 6 days.
- The day you want to eat the ribs preheat the oven to 250F. While the oven is heating, place the pot of short ribs on the stove over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer. Move it into the oven for 2.5 hours.
- To make the gravy, remove the short ribs from the pot and make sure all the bones are accounted for. Cover them with foil. Remove the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to thicken the gravy with the cooked vegetables.