Yields: 24 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 14 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 54 Mins
Mix together and reserve one cup for the topping
- Moist Ingredients
- Heat oven to 350F and put two cups water on to boil.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix topping ingredients together with hands until the mixture begins to easily clump.
- Set aside one cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Mix in the baking soda and egg.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water and 1 cup of molasses into a separate bowl and mix together
- Wisk the molasses and boiling water into the cake mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and evenly sprinkle the topping mixture over the cake.
- Cook until a toothpick test comes out clean (about 40 to 45 minutes)